Vacation food.

> so would it be a better idea to just feed flakes
> instead of frozen while i'm away on vacation?

Do your fish eat flake food?  Most of my apistos will chew it up and spit it
out.  If they are not eating it then it could foul the water.

How long are you away for?  If it is two weeks or less and you don't have
someone you can trust to come in and feed your fish then they are probably
OK left without food.  They'll get by on picking at bits and pieces in an
established tank.

Ken.