Re: Keyholes WAS: wild alti types

It is interesting that you find Keyholes to be a little 'stupid' too.  I love these fish because they are so mellow but there must be something to their natural history that we dont know...they HAVE to be better guarders of their eggs in the wild to raise even a few fry to juvenilehood.  I'd like to observe them in the wild someday.  My pair now spawn every two weeks but completely forget they are guarding eggs when I walk by the tank.  They beg and forget all about their eggs.  Sometimes they wander off aimlessly, doing keyhole things.  The last time I spawned them back in '88 or '89, I remember them having a whatever-attitude as well.  Still, I love my numb skulls.

Vinny

Gary on wild alti:
 I tried water values ranging from 20 to 60ppm. They guarded
like Cleithracara maronii used to for me, kind of 'stupidly'.