Re: Tonics, Peats, and Buffers

In a message dated 6/10/00 9:47:50 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
myapisto@hotmail.com writes:

> hmm.. that's strange.. if i place a bag of peat fluval vs. the fluffy
>  stuff.. the water stains darker and faster with the fluval peat.. but I'll
>  try to put in in a aquaclear to see what happens

I agree.  The fluval works faster than sphagnum peat.  However, it is MADE
from sphagnum peat.  The process which turns it into pellets also manages
somehow to either condense it or "activate" it.  It does work better than the
natural stuff, IMHO, but it also quits working sooner.  With the difference
in cost, I'll stick to the garden center variety.

Bob Dixon