Re: belly sliders

In a message dated 6/10/00 2:14:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
fraulels@minet.ca writes:

> I've been e-mailing with a non-list member who is having a consistent
>  problem with his apistos.  I'll post and translate any responses for
>  him.
>  Fry from six species, across the apisto spectrum have hatched into belly
>  sliders, never recovering even into adulthood. I suspect water, but I've
>  never seen this in my own tanks, so I can't help much. Has anyone else
>  seen this?
>  Gary

I was at Dave Soares's place a few years back and he was having random
occurances of the same thing.  He had decided that it was water changes with
water that is too cold.  Ask your friend if he/she is trying to match temps
with the new water, at least enough of a match as to stick a finger in both
the tank and the bucket before dumping it in.

It is also not uncommon among killies, but I can't say as I've ever heard
what the cause is with them

Bob Dixon