Re: Opal borellii... or false fish

Hi,

I'm wondering...

I trust Mike Wise when he says that this blue head fish is a domestic
hybrid designed to produce a nice fish, for commercial purpose I think.

The true question is :

for Apisto and cichlid lovers, is this fish worth the interest ?

a false fish is for me a false fish and should not be bought ( unless by
unknowing people ) bred (unless for research purpose) and sold (always)
by cichlidophiles.

In France the AFC is hardly fighting versus money seeking breeders who
are designing colourfull hybrids made from rift lakes fishes and so
loosing rare fishes genes. Selection of fish sold in the cichlids
convention are drastics, no fishes of (even slightly) uncertain purity
are accepted for selling.

So why seeking for catei or resticulosa females to cross with blue-head
males of uncertain origin ?

A catei, A resticulosa and true A borellii are not worth the breeding
interest ?

There's is no personnal arttack in this post, as I'm not an Apisto
breeder, and that i'm still wondering how can i know if my Pv taeniatus
"moliwe" strain is really a "moliwe" strain ;-).

A page in the krib about opal, borellii and false blue head with what is
true and what's not sure should be usefull i think.

Colin Dujardin