A. sp. Lyretail Panduro; was: Nanochromis

Mike,

I didn't get any. I was told they were selling for $60.00/pair; a bit expensive
for a cheap bum like me. I have since found that the same fish are selling for
DM60- (=$33.00)/pair in Germany. The photos I have of them in the bare sales tank
aren't really spectacular, but the fish sure are. After looking at this fish it
appears to be a new species and not a domestic cross of some sort. They seem to
be more closely related to A. payaminonis than A. panduro. I know Julio will be
making inquiries from his Peruvian sources while in Peru this month. Hopefully he
will find out more about this fish.

BTW please get rid of that Peru name. There are already 2 species published under
A. sp. Peru (A. sp. Masken/Masked & A. cf. urteagai). We certainly don't need
another!.  Besides, we don't even know that it comes from Peru. It could be
another A. sp. Goias Redtail fiasco.

Mike Wise