Re: Considering these apistos and I'm New!

Hi Lianne,
Your water's fine for borelli.
As far as tank sizes go, this is an ongoing debate with no possible
resolution. It's philosophical. I'm both lazy (wanting larger lightly
populated tanks to cut down on water changes) and into fishwatching.
I find apistos in smaller tanks cramped. You just don't get the
behavioral range you get in bigger tanks.
It's one thing to breed a species, it's another to get to see behavior
the books don't mention.
It's like your brichardis - pretty is one thing, babies are another, but
you just have to see that fish with successive broods forming their
social structure to truly appreciate how interesting they are.
Anyway, each of us finds her/her own approach, and I still think
borellis a beaut to start with.
Gary