Re: Need opinion on Book

Dave,

I think the Linke & Staeck book is presently the best book on SA dwarf cichlid
published in English. This will certain change if/when Römer's Atlas comes out
in English. I understand that the L&S book is being discontinued after the
present printing is sold out. It doesn't have as many species as Mayland &
Bork's book, but it is better at identifying apistos. The Aqualog book
(Southamerican Cichlids II) is a very nice book with plenty of photos (many
misidentified), but little information.

I believe that you can find the Apisto List archives on Erik Olsen's web site:
www.thekrib.com.

Mike Wise