Need help on the timing to rescue fry

Hi all,

I need an advice for the proper timing for
separating fry from their parents and for the
method to get the fry out.

I'm afraid that I waited too long to rescue the
current batch of borellii fry (my very first
spawn/2 weeks old) before parents spawned again.
I tried to rescue the remaining fry (I could only
see two this morning) but they are too fast to
catch.  So they are on their own.  But I don't
want to repeat the same mistake of waiting too
long with the next batch of fry.

The tank is heavily planted but evidently it does
not offer enough protection for the small fry.

As for the remaining fry, should I add some Oak
leaves to create some extra hiding spot?

TIA,

Tomoko