Re: Additional Questions About Fry Rescue

Tomoko,

When to move them depends on many factors - number of fry, size of tank,
"broodiness" of the female, how often you want to breed your fish, etc. I
have an A. rupununi female that tried to lead her fry after 4 months, by
which time the fry had started spreading all over the tank. Your A. borellii
female has a reputation for being an exceptional mother. They have even been
used to guard fry of other species - and not just apistos! I guess the best
rule is that fry can be kept with mom until she starts driving them away.

Mike Wise