artificial hatching

Hi All,
    got my panduro to spawn frequently, but so far they have eaten their
spawns.  Conditions are probablly not "perfect" so I suspect they will never
get it through.  I need more hiding places and perhaps some leaf litter to
make them happy (anyone want to send me some dried oak leaves? ;-).  Anyhow
I thought that they might make a neat project for my students to
artificially hatch and rear some fry and was wondering if anyone could
venture some suggestions.  I teach aquaculture/aquascience at Lahainaluna
high school on the island of Maui.  Any ideas, comments or suggestions would
be helpful...
MTF