From: "Jody" <fishbox@bellsouth.net>
To: <apisto@listbox.com>
Subject: Re: Evolution in a microcosm
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:55:47 -0600

I see Natural Selection and Evolution as two mutually exclusive ideas. Yes,
the strongest may survive, but unless it gives birth to a different species
(which has never been documented or observed) then it has nothing to do with
Evolution. Rams beget rams : )

If the parents ate the eggs, which often happens as we all know, it wouldn't
be considered a "strength". In fact, that same beta-female would likely eat
her own eggs, too. Maybe she just likes caviar. In the wild, food is
scarce for fish, so they have the instinct to eat food whenever and where
ever they see it.

-Jody