Re: Iniridae babies

Colin,

I don't think you need to worry about the brooding female. These fish can live for several weeks without food. My experience with this species is that it is highly monogamous - at least the females only accept 1 certain male to breed with. Still I wouldn't be overly surprised if the male spawned with both females. Apistos can be fairly plastic in their breeding behavior.

Mike Wise