Re: new aggie

You're right, Jerry, this is what happened when
the first A. sp. Tefé entered the hobby. They were
mixed with A. agassizii from the mouth of the
Tefé. Females are next to impossible to separate.
When forced to interbreed in aquariums we got a
lot of fish with messed up scales (see Römer
Atlas, p. 255 bottom) that were nearly infertile.
This is the problem of haphazardly crossing the
various agassizii forms; some are the same
species, but some are not!

Mike Wise