Re: Apistograma Cacatuiodes

Colleen,

I think the reason for using only the top 1/3 of the water is because the
carbonate hardness is concentrated in the bottom 1/3 of the water somehow. Maybe
it is just a myth, but that is what the old timers always recommended.

I personally would not recommend putting A. cacatuoides & Pv. pulcher in the
same 10 gallon tank. This is much too small for the 2 species. You would
probably lose the Cockatoos once the Kribs started breeding. Kribs are
biparental. "2 against 1 is never fun."

Mike Wise