Re: ASG "New"sletter

At 11:18 PM 2/15/98 -0800, Steven J. Waldron wrote:
>Hi all,
>Well, I recieved the latest copy of the Apisto-gram, skimmed over it, and
>hey! saw some interesting Pelvicachromis offered by David Soares. I've
>always wanted to try Pelv. taeniatus "Lobe", David had some. I called him
>up yesterday, inquired about the Lobe and was surprised to find out he
>hasn't had those fish for months (years?). I then realized my "new"
>Apisto-gram was dated December 1996! Tell me those in the know,let me in on
>the joke...When will I see a curent Apisto-gram? Still looking for those
>Lobe...
>- Steve Waldron

This is Kaycy Ruffer the Publisher of the Apisto-Gram. Yes. The
newsletter was dated Dec. 96. In 1995, the old Editor, Publisher, and a
few other Steering Committee members disappeared. Jeff Magnus and I
started from scratch to put a bulletin together and get it brought current
without resorting to merely "skipping" missed issues. The first one we
put out was Issue #48 dated September 1995 which went to the Post Office on
September 1, 1996. Jeff and I
have been working ever since to get "caught up" while fighting with
mechanical breakdowns and changing postal regulations. We have some
ideas in the works and hope to be putting out an issue dated 1998 this
year and be fully caught up by the end of next year.

But in the mean time, members are actually getting the benefit of a free
year. Members who joined in 1996 are paid through the appropriate 1997
issue even though it won't come out until some time in 1998, but they still
got the issues dated 1995 as well!

As to David Soares not having the fish you were looking for, all ads
printed are as submitted for that issue. If an ad becomes out of date
before publication, it is the responsibility of the submitter to notify us so
we can remove the item. In fact, I recently heard from Jeff Magnus, the
Editor, that he'd received an add from David for the next issue. Whether
or not David will still have those fish when we print and mail the
Apisto-Gram in a couple months, I can't say.

For those who are interested in getting fish from David Soares can also
contact him on his web site.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7918

I hope this helps a lot of you who are getting the Apisto-Gram.

Kaycy