A. iniridae

Someone at the ACA was selling some young, wild-caught fish he thought
was A. uaupesi.  Mine have grown enough to verify that they cannot be
uaupesi as the males are developing a rounded/oval caudal and uaupesi's
is lyreate.

I haven't time to compare all the features, but on first guess I'd say
iniridae...a fish I've always wanted.  The conforming features: oval
caudal, vertical stripes in the caudal, very long/slender ventrals,
elongated body shape, lateral band in both sexes, a light-colored edging
on the caudal & dorsal, and consistent dorsal shape.  A lot of evidence
for iniridae, but then there could be some new species which are similar
in appearance.

I took a quick picture of one of the males (pardon the white specks on
the glass).  Right now it is about 2 inches and apparently growing.  You
may view the image (56K) at:
http://www.spacestar.net/users/carey/fishroom/species/apisto_iniridae.html

Kathy Olson also bought some, so I'm interested in hearing from you
Kathy.

--Randy