Re: FIshless (no longer) in Seattle

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 WndrKdnomo@aol.com wrote:

> There was ( and pardon the spelling)
> borelli, of course, but also caucatuoides (red and double red) Macmasteri,
> norberti, "breitbeinden".  pandurini, and several others I cannot put a name
> When I commented to the clerk about the bounty, he commented that most of them
> were from local breeders.  I don't know who you are out there in Seattle, but
> keep up the good work.  Not only was the selection great,  but they were
> really nice looking fish!

The Fish Store has been quite good to us lately.  It turns out the Borelli
are wild caught in the store, some nice ones and at $6 each.  There is a
male with fantastic colors that escaped the main tank so look at him.
Note that there are contaminants in with the borelli.  The are some very
nice trifasciata males, no females though (Dave Sanford on the list and
local too...got the only female), there is also another species in there
as well.  The macmasteri are usually rotpunct, I didn't look at the tank
this time when I came in.

The breitbinden we brought in came from a spectacular male.  There is a
large male juvenile that I bought in I hated to part with.  Look for the
high ventral and serrated.  The females are the littlest ones in the
group, look for black ventrals and that failing, they tend to get two
dorsal spots when stressed.  On the ones I brought in there are pair of
each available...steindachneri, norberti, and breitbinden.  Those were the
biggest fry we brought in.  Had to get rid of some notank space to split
up parent and fry, lost my last batch of aggies, and apistogrammoides for
this reason.  Also raising up more nijsseni, bitaeniata, P. suboccellatus,
norberti, steindachneri, breitbinden, and shell dwellers.

Good Luck,
Kathy