Re: Hello!

Avatar wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm a apisto fan , and I live in Taiwan. Right now I'm study Zoology
> in the Taiwan University.
> I've about 50 tanks , about 25 sp. and I've reproduced most of them .
> Right now I'm working on  A. elizabethae.

This is a REAL difficult one. Let us know if you succeed!

> It's hard for me to find information about apisto here in my country.
> The only book I can get is Linke's and Bork's (by Amazon.com).

You can get the Aqualog book on apistos (Southamerican Cichlids II) from
several sources in the U.S. I can send you an Apistogramma Study Group
book sales price list for this book if you want. Just contact me off of
the list. Two more books on dwarfs will be published soon. Keep checking
the list for more information.

> I have search all the library in my country and I can only find "one"
> origional paper about definding new sp .I found that lots of  papers
> are
> on Zoologica Scripta, and I can not find this Jurnal in Taiwan.
> Anybody could tell me how to find the information through internet,
> or anybody can copy those papers refer to apisto for me! PLEASE!

I have the reference library for the Apistogramma Study Group (ASG).
Actually, it is my reference library, but I do provide copies for ASG
members. I have all of the original descriptions for all of the
scientifically described species. I also have articles about many of the
scientifically undescribed species, too. Which Zoologica Scripta article
were you looking for? Kullander wrote the original descriptions for A.
macmasteri, A. viejita, A. hongsloi, & A. iniridae; A. inconspicua; and
A. diplotaenia in this journal.

> People here in my country only now how to breed them , nobody care
> how to ID them scientifically. The dealer may some times cheat us.
> About a month ago , a dealer sold A. aff. juruensis as A. juruensis.
> I've seen REAL A. juruensis before so I know that is a fake one , but
> the ID is based on my experience , it's not so reliable . Could any
> body
> tell me How to ID aff. with the real one?

This is probably one for Julio Melgar to answer. All I know is that
Kullander is of the opinion that the fish introduced to the hobby as A.
juruensis by Römer & Soares is not the same species he described under
that name. A. sp. aff. juruensis has two conflicting collecting
localities, one near Pucallpa, Peru and one farther north near Iquitos,
Peru. As I understand it colors seem to be the main difference.

>  Sorry for my poor English.........
>
> William Wang (Taiwan)

Your English is quite good (a lot better than my Mandarin (none) or
German for that matter!). Welcome aboard.

Mike Wise

Archives"!