Re: Rams

Hi,

I rather have 8 rams in a tank, 2 males and 6 females. They do form pair for
spawning and defend eggs together against everyone else. I am pulling
eggs from mine, it may be controversial but they ate their eggs before.
They separate after that and male starts to court next female choosing one
most ready to spawn. They are not harem spawning in terms male has one
female at a time, but they are not truly monogamous because male pairs
with anyone ready and parts easily for the next. I believe here is a term
for this kind of behavior. The first batch of fry I pulled from them (F2,
if count the store fish as F0) is doing fine and I had only 3 dead eggs.
Did anyone tried to feed them San Francisco BS which is said to be 2
times smaller than regular? Ram freeswimmers are too small to eat
regular in the beginning, and require something smaller. My highest
losses of fry were at stage then they do not eat BS, and with SanF BS I
hoped to reduce losses.

Did anyone at all tried SF BS?

Lilia