Re: ramirezi and altispinosa

K & D martin wrote:

> Kaycy, do they (the altispinosa) breed at that size?  i thought i read
> somewhere that as they get older they stop breeding.
>
> kym
Kym, mine were still spawning at that size. I needed the tank for other
growouts and sold the pair at the PCCA meeting in October.

That was the last of my line that I had for so many years. They were
hard to part with but I had to have their tank.

I think they were producing about 45 fry per spawn. I did find out they
liked subdued lighting. When they had full light they wouldn't spawn for
me. Once I moved them to a 20 that had indirect lighting, they were
spawning all the time. They were great parents and someday when I have a
bigger place I will get some more.

Kaycy