Re: ? about A. macmasteri

Kathy,

It's Koslowski who wrote the article (Beiträge zur Unterscheidung von
Apistogramma-Weibchen (Contributions to the differentiation of Apistogramma females), in
Cichliden - Festschrift zum 25jährigen Jubiläum der DCG (Cichlids - Commemorative volume of
the 25th anniversary of the DCG), 1996, p.204-217). His Group 9 he characterizes as species
that (translation) "have a caudal peduncle spot, several  flank spots of which the lateral
spot isn't especially predominant, dorsal spots, and a pectoral spot (A. macmasteri, A.
viejita, A. hinge, A. hongsloi, A. guttata, A. sp. Rio Cairo, A. sp. Rotflecken, A. sp.
Schwarzkehl, & A. sp. Rotpunkt (only some specimens)". So you see that Koslowski, like you,
recognizes that only some A. sp. Rotpunkt females have this black spot at the base of the
pectoral fin.

This was only a preliminary report. He planned on making a more extensive study on the
subject. Does anyone know if he has written anything on it recently?

Mike Wise