Re: another bounce : RO water

I use a Culligan DI which I hook up to my bathroom sink tap.  I can make DI
water at the correct temp. for my fish at the rate of 1 gallon per minute
into an 18 gallon tub.  (Works out to 30cents Canadian per gallon.)  Then I
add electrolytes, pH acid buffer, alkaline buffer, black water extract and
pump it out with a Rio 2500 that is attached to a Python hose.  I can turn
off the hose when I go from one tank to the next.  I can hear when the water
level is low in the tub, so I don't let the pump run dry. If I have help,
then someone can just adjust the angle of the pump in the tub and I can get
almost all the water out.  Otherwise, the last 2 gallons I dump into a
bucket.

I then pump waste water from another 18 gallon tub near the fish tanks into
the toilet.

Works like a charm.  Kind of expensive, but my fish love it.  (Toronto water
is hard >200ppm.) And consequently, so do I.  I keep the water soft, and  I
don't have a white chalky build-up on the tank edges etc.  I also water my
plants with the waste water from the tanks, and they like the stuff too.)

G. Kadar