Re: Apisto beginner summary and new questions ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus Vancamelbeke <klaus.vancamelbeke@advalvas.be>
Date: Tuesday, January 12, 1999 1:47 AM
Subject: Apisto beginner summary and new questions ;-)

Klaus wrote:

>So, black neons make a good dither... They aren't very
>expensive here (under $1.5). I can get to white clouds
>too (Tanichthys alabonubes). Which one of both is the
>best (ie. eats less Apisto fry).

I found that white clouds are terrible little creatures.  When there was fry
in the tank they turned from being dithers into sharks!  They 'd cruise
around at 'low altitude' in and out of the java moss and drive the females
crazy.  In a 50 gallon tank with 8 spawns and 8 white clouds, did not have a
single fry grow up.  The white clouds HAD to go.

G. Kadar

Archives"!