Re: A.juruensis

Vern,

At 1" they are a bit too small to develop their anterior dorsal fin extensions or
lyretails. At this size you just might be able to recognize some males by a
squared off back on the tail fin, however. A. juruensis & A. sp. aff. juruensis
can be separated from other cacatuoides-complex species by having a lateral band
that stops in front of a caudal peduncle spot.

Mike Wise