Re: new-breeding info - thayeri

 Stan wrote:

> Laetacara Thayeri (F0):  I have five of these fish in a 29.  I know
> absolutely nothing about these fish, would like any info, esp: breeding

These guys are pretty big for dwarf cichlids but are not very aggressive.
They are not picky about what they eat but are quite shy and bash about the
tank if you move too fast.  They are less skittish in crowded tanks but make
sure they are the dominant fish in the tank.  Your water parameters should
be just fine for breeding - a temp of about 80-85F should be fine for
breeding.  I have 8 wild caught fish from Peru and have pampered them for
almost 10 now but no spawns.  Should have give them Mike Jacobs!  Wayne
Leibel says these fish have not been bred in North America but my guess is
if we beat the bushes, we'll find someone who has...most likely on this
list.

Vinny Kutty
kutty@earthlink.net
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491/