Re: Opal borellii... or NOT... not!!!

Actually, I'm not sure that Bluehead is actually a real species, or a domestic
hybrid designed to produce a nice blue fish. Originally only adult males were
offered from Asia. The Czech breeders started supplying both sexes, claiming that
they bred Asian males with wild females. The question I have is where did the
wild females come from? My guess it that they realized that this fish is a
domestic hybrid between catei- and resticulosa-like species & used a
caetei-complex female. I certainly would not call it "A. caetei". It's been
published under the names Bluehead, Steel Blue, & New Blue.

Mike Wise