Re: ? about A. macmasteri

djhanson@calweb.com wrote:

> > Look on page 64. This is A. sp. Rotpunkt (Schwarzsaum). Page 63 (bottom right) &
> > 66 (top left) show A. sp. Puerto Narino which probably is a color form of A. sp.
> > Rotpunkt. The middle 4 photos are of various forms of Rotpunkt, too. Rotpunkt is
> > German for Red-spot.
> At a quick glance, the photo on page 66, left, 3rd from the top, looks
> like mine on the site at:
> http://WWW.CALWEB.COM/users/d/djhanson/rotpunkt.htm

Yes, it looks like the same color form of A. sp. Rotpunkt.

> I still don't know about the macmasteri though. But, the female I have
> on the site at:
> http://WWW.CALWEB.COM/users/d/djhanson/macma.htm
>
> according to the markings looks like a female rotpunkt. Does it to you?
> I'm looking at the female across from the male I pointed out above. 3rd
> down on the right on page 66.

Yes, your "macmasteri" female is definitely a Rotpunkt female. Note that she does not
have any ventral stripe or patch. All macmasteri-group females show some black
pigmentation somewhere between the anus and the chin. Some rare female Rotpunkt
females will show this, too, like the one you mention in aqualog. She can easily be
separated from macmasteri-group females by the irregular shape of her caudal peduncal
spot.